Real Secrets of Close-Up Magic
- Eugene Burger
- Philosophy, Close-Up
- Skill Level:
What are the Real Secrets of learning to perform magic?
In this 70-minute video series, Eugene Burger looks beyond the tricks to explore the process by which we learn to perform magic. These Real Secrets are illustrated with sure-fire routines taken from Eugene's own professional repertoire.
- A terrific version of Cutting the Aces in which the spectator finds the last ace by cutting and spelling his own name.
- The World's Fastest Card Trick (Eugene's Favorite!)
- The full work on Making Cigarettes Disappear (two different methods, for every performance condition)
- An Old Carnival Game (Eugene's version of the classic glass under the newspaper)
- The Acrobatic Matchbox (it stands up, opens itself and gets handed out for examination)
- The Three Coin Mystery (a surprising vanish and a delightful example of commercial close-up routining)
- Special Bonus: Eugene discusses Al Baker's Impossible Card Force (one of the most deceptive card forces of all time)
Here is a real opportunity to learn the Real Secrets of great magic — and to experience a teacher who will stimulate you to think about your magic in new and creative ways.
Running time: 83 minutes